Microdermabrasion - Non Surgical Skin Resurfacing
Microdermabrasion is the ultimate advancement in non-surgical, non-invasive skin resurfacing that gets rid of all dead skin cells off the top layer, off the epidermal layer and allows the new cells to come to the surface of the skin.
Microdermabrasion allows the skin to better hydrate itself; the Collagen and Elastin fibers start working to your benefit; the skin becomes plumper, fuller with a more radiant, youthful look.
Microdermabrasion treatments are gentle and take very little time, making them popular for today’s busy person. These mild yet effective treatments remove rough, flaky skin from the face and neck.
Stretch marks and acne scars can also be dramatically reduced.
Q: What is Microdermabrasion?
- Microdermabrasion is a non-surgical, gentle and mild resurfacing procedure.
With a delicate hand piece, micro-crystals are sprayed onto the skin and then vacuumed off.
- Microdermabrasion gently removes dead skin cells from the skin revealing younger, fresher looking skin while at the same time unclogging pores and stimulating new cell growth.
- Microdermabrasion treatments enhance your skin’s appearance through a course of sessions.
These treatments combat the signs of rough, thick-textured skin, scarring, and dull lifeless skin.
- Most importantly, Microdermabrasion is safe to use on all skin colours and types.
Q: How long do treatments take?
- Microdermabrasion treatments can take as little as 30 minutes depending on the skin condition and the area being treated.
- However, treatments for stretch marks can take as long as an hour.
Q: Is Microdermabrasion painful?
- No. Your trained therapist will ensure that you don’t experience any discomfort when undergoing Microdermabrasion treatments.
Q: How soon will I see results?
- After your first Microdermabrasion treatment, your skin will have a fresh pink glow. Improvement continues throughout your treatment program.
- The number of Microdermabrasion treatments recommended for maximum results ranges from 6 to 12.
Q: What results can I expect?
- Regardless of your skin’s condition, most patients will notice an improvement in their skin’s appearance. Many patients report that their skin seems softer, smoother and younger-looking.
- Fine lines and age spots may be erased.
- Acne scars and stretch marks will be less obvious.
Q: What is Microdermabrasion ideal for?
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Pigmentation or age spots
- Acne or surgical scarring
- Blackheads and congestion open pores
- Scar tissue
- Dull, rough, thick textured skin
- Uneven or bumpy skin
Q: What are the benefits of Microdermabrasion over other procedures?
- Recovery takes less time
- Treatment sessions take less time
- Discomfort is minimal
- Normal activities can be resumed immediately
Q: What will my skin look like after Microdermabrasion?
- Your skin will look amazing
- The texture will be instantly smoother
- Your pores will be clean
- Blackheads removed
Overall your skin will look very clean and smooth.
Your skin may be slightly flushed and feel warm due to circulation being stimulated. This flushing from increased blood flow will help to nourish the skin, with vitamins and oxygen which helps repair the skin and stimulate collagen.
You can return to your normal activities immediately.
Q: How many treatments will I need?
- Your skin will feel smoother and cleaner after just one Microdermabrasion treatment
- To experience maximum results a course of a minimum of 6 Microdermabrasion treatments at weekly intervals is usually recommended
- To maintain your skin’s optimum level a Microdermabrasion treatment of 1 session per month is necessary