G5® Electro-Mechanical Massage & Percussion Devices
The G5® company itself has been building devices designed for massage for nearly 60 years.
The company’s founder, Henri Cuinier, was a French engineer formerly with Renault.
Cuinier invented, patented and began manufacturing the first G5® Massage Devices in Marmande, France in 1957.
In recent times, G5® has enjoyed the greatest surge in the popularity of their devices among manual therapists who deal in soft tissue rehabilitation techniques.
The powerful unique Directional-Stroking® action of the G5® electro-mechanical massage and percussion devices simultaneously delivers perpendicular and horizontal forces, the core features which differentiate and elevates the G5® machines from other such devices on the market.
The first and arguably most distinctive feature of the G5® devices is the patented, Directional-Stroking® action of the devices’ therapeutic interface.
The therapeutic interface is mounted on a specially designed platform that allows for a unique degree of excursion along a plane that is parallel to the surface of the patient’s body.
This action was originally designed to mimic the action of a massage therapist’s hands as it glides over tissue.
This said, the manner in which this action is coupled with a powerful motor, affords the G5® devices a unique effect level the ability to deliver varying rate cycles of transverse friction to the treatment target at rates not possible by hand.
This not only achieves a very appealing degree of comfort for the patient but also affords the therapist the ability to affect soft tissue in a very useful way.
This latter effect makes the G5® devices amenable and complimentary to a range of manual therapies including
- Myofascial Release
- Scar Manipulation
- Assisted Muscle And Tissue Lengthening
- Sensorimotor Therapy And Massage
IASTM (Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilisation) is enhanced in a number of ways through the use of G5® devices.
- Firstly, while most IASTM approaches require significant energy expenditure and dexterity on the part of the therapist, G5®’s electro-mechanical devices require little to no effort as the therapeutic friction is generated by the motor and device applicator.
- Secondly, being that all G5® devices are driven by motors that can achieve a higher cycling rate than the human hand, these achieve a vastly superior degree of friction at the contact site, which leads to more rapid tissue disruption, enabling the therapist to achieve the therapeutic effect in a drastically shorter amount of time.
Furthermore, the therapist is able to cover a greater surface area in a single session than would be possible with manual methods.
- The third benefit is that simply put, machines do not fatigue.
This means that the treatment experience is more consistent for patient and therapist, no matter how high the volume of patients the therapist might be serving in a day.
Finally, many patients report that the high rate of friction delivered by the G5® devices is actually more comfortable and less painful than typical IASTM applications.
G5® Massage Therapy Systems are mechanical massagers that goes deeper than the therapist can and with the aide of the G5® Massager you are fully equipped to offer high demand cellulite reduction services that deliver dramatic results by increasing circulation, breaking down and softening fatty deposits and cellulite.
The G5® Massagers is the machine that is used to redistribute dermal fat tissue after liposuction surgery.
As well as body sculpting, the G5® Massagers is excellent for relieving sports related muscular aches and pains.
For the athlete a massage with the G5® Massagers delivers more power to help in
- Relieving muscle cramps
- Relaxing tight muscles
- Increasing flexibility
- Mobilising and flushing out lactic-acid build up
Different heads mimic different massage techniques
- Cellulite Reduction treatments
- Lymphatic Drainage
- Detoxification treatments
- Traditional/Relaxation Massage
- Therapeutic Massage
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Exfoliation treatments
• Dilates Blood Vessels
• Improves circulation/relieves congestion
• Increases local blood and Lymph flow
• Increases number of red blood cells
• Hastens elimination of waste/toxins
• Stimulates sensory nerve ending
• Promotes relaxation and better sleep
• Relaxes contracted, tense muscles
• Aids exfoliation process
• Improves circulation/nutrition to Joints
Benefits and Effects on Body Fat
• Improves circulation to eliminate Cellulite
• Firms body contours
• Reduces long established deposit and subcutaneous fat
• Reduces fat deposits connected to poor circulation
• Evenly disperses subcutaneous fluids and fats
Benefits and Effects on Muscle Tissue
• Relieves fatigue in muscle tissue by removing accumulation of Lactic Acid
• Helps muscle tissue function at maximum efficiency
• Helps relax tense muscles
• Helps keep muscles in good tone
• Relaxes muscles spasm and relieve tension
• Accelerate healing
• Increases blood supply and nutrition to muscles without adding Lactic Acid
• Helps overcome fatigue due to strenuous exercise
• Helps prevent muscular Atrophy
Benefits and Effects on Skin
• Improve skin texture
• Enhances removal of waste products
• Increases secretion of natural oil
• Exfoliation creates soft supple skin
• Increases skin elasticity
• Smooths skin post Liposuction